Thursday, June 14, 2012

MAC Gently Off Eye and Lip Makeup Remover: Review & Demo!


Hey Everyone,
I bought the Gently Off Eye and Lip Makeup Remover (Retailing for $23 CND for 3.4 oz) a couple weeks ago after I ran out of my Sephora eye makeup remover.  MAC describes this product as: "Oil and water do mix, for twice the impact – just shake. A dual-phase, easy-does-it formula that sweeps off even tenacious waterproof mascara and lip colour. Absolutely gentle; suitable for all. Cucumber extract soothes, Damascus Rose flower water refreshes. No need to rinse".



I don't usually write negative reviews for products, if I don't like them I just don't write a review at all; however, i am going to make an exception today.  So, like I mentioned in my intro, this product retails for $23 CND which I think is too expensive for what it is...an eye and lip makeup remover...an eye and lip remover that does not work all that well.  I have honestly purchased drugstore makeup remover that has worked better.


Don't get me wrong guys, this product does work at removing even the most tenacious makeup, but the process is not easy.  I feel like I have to use a lot of product in order to get all of my eye makeup off.  A couple nights ago I was only wearing mascara, but the amount of this product i had to pour onto a cotton pad in order to properly remove all of the mascara was ridiculous.


Furthermore, this remover is not, in fact, gentle...at all.  Even when I was removing the swatches i did for this review, the first thing I noticed was that I had to scrub my arm pretty hard in order to remove all of it. When I remove my eye makeup, again, I have to rub my eyes pretty hard to get all of the makeup off.  This isn't something that I necessarily want or like to do; however, if I don't the makeup just won't come off.

It does work beautifully at removing both eye and lip makeup, but it takes a long time and it can't be good for the delicate skin around your eyes.  Also, I've read about people saying that this product has made their eyes burn and really irritate the skin around their eyes, so if you have sensitive skin I highly urge you to skip this product.  My last negative is about just how oily this product is.  In the description, MAC states that there is no need to rinse, but this leaves an oily residue on my skin that doesn't go away, so rinsing is very much necessary.

waterproof mascara, bright orange lipstick/stain, red lipstick/stain

With about 6 seconds of hard scrubbing.

A few more seconds of scrubbing and rinsed off.
All that being said, I really love the packaging on this and I wish all liquid makeup removers came with this amazing travel-proof packaging.  It has a child proof lid, so you need to press down and turn the lid in order to take it off, so there's no need to worry about it spilling everywhere if you take it traveling with you...That is probably the only positive thing I can say about this product.

Overall, this product was a huge disappointment for me, and I most certainly will not be purchasing it again.

What's your go to makeup remover?

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this, I was thinking of buying it when my current make-up remover runs out, I think I will stick to my cheap Nivea one, it never lets me down lol

    p.s I just discovered your blog, its pretty awesome, you have great style <3 I started following you

    Brooke x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a great plan, Brooke! This makeup remover is not worth your time. Thank you for following! ♥
      xx, Kels

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...