I know that for me, with 2 weeks away from the big night, I'm going crazy trying to find ways to keep my skin looking fresh and glowing for prom night. Today, I wanted to share a few tips I've learned with all of you to help achieve beautiful, picture-perfect, healthy glowing skin on both your face and body.
1) Drink lots of water! Even slight dehydration can actually make your skin look dull, so to boost up the radiance, drink lots of water weeks before prom so that your skin is glowing for your special night! As a bonus, water also helps to eliminate puffiness underneath your eyes!
2) Sit down with a nice book and some green tea! Green tea contains antioxidants which help to flush out toxins and keep your body hydrated and glowing.
3) Get a good night's sleep. Sleep deprivation is something we all go through, but did you know that a lack of sleep is actually bad for your skin? When you sleep your skin is being restored and renewed, this helps to give our skin a gorgeous new glow and improve its texture. Lack of sleep also leaves behind dark circles and bags which look awful in photos, so it's absolutely crucial to get into a better sleeping habit a couple weeks before prom. *It's really ironic that i'm lecturing everyone on getting more sleep when i'm sitting here at 4 am with my coffee writing this...you all have permission to call me MissHypocrite17*
4) Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate! Your body is shedding skin cells all the time, so it's important that you get rid of the dead skin cells by exfoliating your skin once or twice a week or else your skin could end up looking dull and dry. Grab your favourite exfoliate (I've used pretty much every body scrub that Arbonne.com has available) get in the shower and exfoliate your body from the shoulders down using circular motions. Do the same thing for your face, using an exfoliate created specifically for the face (I like St. Ives), and do this twice a week and in the shower on prom day for beautiful, glowy skin.
5) Find a great, moisturizing body lotion and slather it all over your body right after your shower to lock in the moisture your body just soaked in from your shower. Maybe even opt for a body lotion with slight shimmer in it to add a sexy glow to your legs, arms and shoulders (especially if your dress is strapless!).
6) My last tip for beautiful, glowing skin is to go a little crazy and opt for a fake tan. I have had a few girls come up to me and ask me if I think they should get a spray tan for prom and my answer is always YES! A gorgeous golden tan looks fantastic in photos, so even if you don't usually go for fake tans, now is the time to do so! However, i recommend you go for a more subtle colour as you want to look like a glowing, golden goddess not like a pumpkin princess.
I hope you found these tips helpful, and if there are any other tips and tricks, how to posts, or anything else you'd like me to tackle in a post please let me know below!
Do you have any tips to achieve glowing skin or a product reccomendation?