Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Prom How To: Perfume 101

Source!
 Hey Everyone,
For today's prom post I wanted to share with you all a few perfume tips as well as share a few of my personal favourite perfumes for prom.  If you have been following my prom series this month, than you've probably noticed that I include a perfume with all of my 'Prom Looks'.  Perfume, in my opinion, is a very important invisible accessory.  Perfume can completely change the overall vibe of an ensemble and give the wearer a total confidence boost.  As well, it's a strong memory trigger.  If you have a signature scent, whenever someone smells it they'll instantly think of you, whether you are there or not.  So, I think perfume is just as important as any other prom accessory and should be well thought out ahead of time.

Below i am going to share with you all a few tips for applying your perfume and share with you my top 5 perfumes for prom!



Apply Your Perfume Strategically!
An important thing to remember when it comes to how much perfume you spritz on yourself is that it is far easier to add a little more than take away. trust me. If you spray an overpowering amount perfume it is really hard to remove from the skin.

I like to spritz my perfume on one wrist, pat my wrists together, and tap my wrists against my neck/collarbone to distribute the scent.  The reason I apply it to my wrist/neck is because they each have a pulse.  Now, your pulse points are the warmest part of your body, so when you apply perfume to the pulse points the heat is going to help emit the scent longer.
Another great place to apply perfume is to the back of your neck.  If your hair is down and you apply perfume to the back of your neck, your hair will act as a diffuser and disburse the scent as you move.  

* Don't rub your wrist together, tap them together to distribute the scent equally instead.  Rubbing your wrist together can often alter the scent of the perfume.
* Something that I learned a few months ago is that if you feel like your perfume is starting to fade, if you've applied it to your pulse points, massage your pulse points and it helps strengthen the scent.  I don't remember where I learned this trick or why it works, but it does work!

My number one tip for perfume in general is to use it with a very light touch.  Don't bathe yourself in Coco Mademoiselle, the same thing goes for guys.  Let's be honest, who wants to be close to someone who is surrounded by a cloud of overpowering perfume.  In sum, don't over-spritz!!

My Top 5 Perfumes for Prom

SOURCE
Vera Wang Princess
Vera's fragrances are all perfect for formal events and I would recommend almost any one of them!  Princess is perfect for the wanna-be prom queen.  With blends of fruity, floral and accented with a mix of delectable bakeshop scents this perfume is sure to make any girl feel like a true princess. 


SOURCE
Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy
Of course I had to include my signature scent to the mix.  This fabulous fruity-floral blend is perfect for the fun and flirty girl who just wants to shake her stuff on the dance floor all night!  Read my full review here!
SOURCE
Ralph Lauren - Romance
Designed to evoke the essence of falling in love, this beautiful classic floral fragrance is perfect for those slow dances with the boy of your dreams!  Read my full review here!

SOURCE

Jimmy Choo Jimmy Choo 
This subtly sexy scent includes notes of tiger orchid, toffee and sensual Indonesian Patchouli. It is absolutely perfect for the young woman looking to convey an image of glamour and confidence!

SOURCE
Dior Hypnotic Poison
This edgy and hypnotizing oriental blend of Vanilla, Bitter Almond, Caraway Spice, Sambac Jasmine, Cinnamon, Tuberose,  Musk, Mosses, Jucarunda Wood is so different from the sweet and innocent scent typically worn to prom, it is sure to turn heads and is perfect for the edgy girl.


What fragrance are you wearing/did you wear to prom?

8 comments:

  1. in Italy we don't have prome, but if I had to wear one that would probably be elle by ysl, amazing:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, really? I actually didn't know that prom doesn't exist in Italy! Thanks for commenting!
      xx, Kels

      Delete
  2. Hi Kels! First of all, great post. You hit most of the perfume that I love! I have been wearing Miss Dior for a couple of months now but have alway been a Victor & Rolf Flowerbomb fan as well as a long time wearer of (and I'm almost embarrassed to say it) Aquolina Pink Sugar. It's so inexpensive, lasts all day and into night and I always got compliments. I might have to go back to it!

    Let's follow each other :) xox

    bopontrend.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Chels! Thank you so much for that compliment. Don't be embarrassed, I love Aquolina Pink Sugar it's such a fun, girly, sugary fragrance!
      Thank you for following me!
      xx, Kels

      Delete
  3. I like your blog and follow you now (on bloglovin and gfc). Hope you follow back :)

    thanks and greetings
    http://www.styleundsein.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for following me. Your support means a lot to me! I checked out your blog and I really love how you feature fashion of the people of Europe, not just your own outfits. It's something I haven't seen before and it's really interesting to take a look at. :)
      xx, Kels

      Delete
  4. Ahh, Ralph Lauren Pure Romance smells soo good. I use to wear it all the time. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beautiful fragrance! Thanks for commenting, Sam!
      xx, Kels

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...