Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Benefit Cosmetics: Bad Gal Lash Mascara Review

Hey Everyone!
 Benefit Bad Gal Lash is many peoples holy grail mascara.  But I think the question on everybody's mind is why?  What do you get in this mascara that you couldn't get in a much cheaper drug store mascara? The answer to that is below.  

According to benefitcosmetics.com this mascara is...
Sexy, sultry, pure unadulterated black mascara for full, voluminous lashes. It's as BAD as you want to be! Famously big, bodacious brush coats lashes with our super black formula. 

Formulation: 
I really like the formulation for this mascara.  It's wet, but not so wet that it clumps everywhere.  The color is a rich, true black as well so it adds a nice coat of true black color to your lashes.  This is a clumps-free mascara as long as you do your coats while the first coat is still wet, if you don't do this than yes, you'll get clumps.  It also lengthens, defines and volumizes your lashes all at once without looking messy or fake.  I've heard so many brands claim that their mascara will give you "a false lash effect!" and guess what?  None of them have ever done so.  This mascara does that.  With only a couple coats my lashes reach my brow bone.  Normally this might look scary but it looks so natural that it just gives my eyes a stunning pop.    The only thing about this mascara that troubles me is that it dries up in two months, which is why I only purchase the smaller version now (available at sephora), it lasts me 3-4 months and is cheaper. 

Packaging:
The packaging is pretty sleek which i really love, but it's nothing special.  What is special though, is the brush.  The brush is MASSIVE and it's the same size on both the smaller and large tube, in case you're wondering.  I think the key to a great mascara is the brush, and that definitely holds true for this mascara.  The brush might be a little hard to get used to at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's a breeze to use.  The bristles are very tightly packed together in little clusters so every lash is coated in product when applied.   
Lasting Power: 
This stays on your lashes all day, but i think the effects kind of wear off after a few hours.  I find that i begin to lose a little length around the middle of the day, but that really isn't a problem for me. This mascara is also really easy to take off with just mild soap and water. 

How to Apply and the Results
First tip is not to pump the wand in and out of the vial because that dries out this mascara quicker for some reason, so twirl it around the vial to get an even amount of mascara on the wand and to keep this product from drying out.  Personally, i find that the best way to get volume and lengthen is by 360-ing the wand as i pull it up my eye lash, basically like the DiorShow 360 mascara, except fool-proof and less expensive.  This is a technique that I've been using since i first began wearing mascara years ago.  Of course, you can apply this mascara however you feel most comfortable, but this is the technique that i know and love, especially for this mascara.  
The results are amazing.  Benefit bad gal adds volume, definition and false-lash like length with NO clumping.  When i want really intense lashes, using ONLY this mascara, i can get my lashes to get so long that they touch my brow bone, without any clumping!  

Conclusion:
Formulation: 4/5
Brush: 5/5
Lasting Power: 4.5/5
Packaging: 4/5
Results: 10/5  (5/5 for the overall rating)
Overall Rating: 22.5/25

This is a fantastic mascara that i think anyone will love.  It's great for all lashes and although is expensive, is well worth the price tag.  Trust me, once you go bad gal you'll never look back.

 Follow me, leave a comment below and remember to check out my twitter.  Thanks for reading. 
Have you tried this mascara?  What do you think of it? 

3 comments:

  1. you spelled 'mascara' wrong. just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for pointing that out. Mistake on my part, i'll definitely fix that. - Kels

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this piece of writing is good, my sister is analyzing these
    kinds of things, therefore I am going to convey her.

    My web-site: teen life coach in East Rand

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...