Sunday, May 29, 2011

May Favorites!


Monthly favorites is a tag done by most beauty gurus on youtube on a monthly basis.  I know that my blog is supposed to be just about reviews but i want it to still be a little personal too.  Although it is a little unorthodox for me to be doing them, monthly favs are kind of like a bunch of mini reviews in one post and they're really helpful too.  So lets get started! 


           NARS blusher in Deep Throat

This is my Holy grail blush.  I've used it every day this month that i've worn blusher.  It's a beautiful pinky peach color with a little shimmer.  Like all NARS blushes, it's very pigmented and adds a fresh healthy glow to cheeks.  People who find orgasm too glittery should definitely check deep throat out because I like to describe it as a little sister to orgasm.  It's a lighter peachy pink with a lot less glitter than orgasm.  I apply this blush to my apples with the arbonne sheer glow highlighter on my cheekbones and it adds a beautiful healthy glow to my cheeks.  I get compliments on my cheeks all the time so i recommend pairing the two together.  


                                  Arbonne sheer glow highlighter

This liquid highlighter comes with 1 OZ of product.  It has a pretty thick consistency and blends very well, so you don't need a lot of product.  I recommend 4 small dots along your cheekbones, one small blob on your chin, 2 dots on your nose and a teeny tiny minuscule dot on your cupids bow.   It's a pearly pink color in the tube but once blended out leaves a gorgeous glow to the part of your face which it was applied to without the glitter that a lot of highlighters have.  All Arbonne products are 100% natural and I use a lot of their products on a daily basis so i can vouch for the company in saying that most of their products are just fantastic...really expensive, but very much worth it. 


Essie Turquoise and Caicos nail varnish
I've been wearing this color a lot lately, mainly because it reminds me of a Tiffany and co. box!  When i first applied it I held my hand up in front of a Tiffany box and it was almost the same color, just a bit more turquoise.  It's probably the closest nail varnish color you'll get to a Tiffany box though, with the exception of For Audrey by china glaze.  What i hate about this though is the fact that to get it completely opaque you have to apply 3 coats and it takes FOREVER to dry.  Much longer than it should take.  It's a really nice Spring/Summer/Winter shade.  


   OPI Sweetheart nail varnish

I actually purchased this color a few days ago but I've been wearing it every single day since then.  Turquoise and Caicos is my go to bright fun color, yes.  But sweetheart is my go-to neutral.  It's a beautiful pink neutral that compliments my skin tone nicely.  I can tell that this is going to be the nail polish that i wear most often for a while.  It gives your fingers that 'I just got a manicure' look because it's just so fresh and clean looking. 




I find the original Daisy to smell kind of old-ladylike but this version definitely smells NOTHING like old lady.  It's a scent that anyone can pull off; preteen to older woman.  It's a very fresh fragrance that has become my Spring time signature scent.  It's very bubbly and fruity and just all around very fun smelling!  Notes include
Natural Raspberry, Grapefruit, Pear, Violet, Wild Rose, Apple Blossom, Musk, Cedarwood, and Plum.  The bottle is really pretty and fun too, which is an added plus.  I think I'll be wearing this a lot during the Summer months too.



This book is the latest in the shopaholic series and also the latest book to hit my bookcase.  In this novel "Becky Brandon's two year old daughter Minnie creates havoc everywhere she goes.  Her favorite word is 'Mine!' and she's even trying to get onto eBay!  On top of everything else, Becky and Luke are still living with her parents while trying to get themselves a house, when suddenly there's a huge nationwide financial crisis.  To cheer everyone up, Becky decides to throw a birthday party for Luke.  But when costs start to spiral out of control, Becky must decide whether to accept help from an unexpected source and hurt the person she loves".  Kinsella's novels are always really funny and this book is no exception.  Becky and Minnie are characters you just have to love.  I finished this the day after i purchased it because i just couldn't put it down.  I definitely recommend this novel to all of you as a Summer read.
 
 Dior Dior Addict Lipstick

I recently did a review on this lipstick.  So if you want to know why it's my favorite you can go ahead and check that out.  But i love it a lot, it's amazing.  I only have DiorKiss right now, but I'm going out and purchasing more very soon.    


 Skinny Sticks garden veggie

These are just amazing.  They're really crunchy, look like fries and are organic!  They have 30% less fat and twice the crunch of regular potato chips.  They have zero grams of trans fat and are made with all natural ingredients.  The garden veggies kind come with spinach, potato and tomato flavored sticks.  I know that sounds pretty disgusting but one of my stubborn guy friends said that too before i made him try them and now he loves them.  They also come in other flavors including: original spud, maui wowie and salt and vinegar.  I know that many of us crave the crunch and taste of potato chips but these are a fantastic alternative. 

 **All products were purchased by me.  Links to the site in which you can purchase these items can be found by clicking on the product name.  Skinny Sticks can be found in the organic section of any grocery store**
*The pictures were taken from the linked sites*





What do you guys think of my first ever monthly favorites blog?  Is this something you'd like to continue seeing?  Finally, list some of your monthly favorites down below!  Thanks for reading, i appreciate each and every one one of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...